Monday, July 27, 2009

A Creative Weekend

Happy Monday!

I had a very crafty weekend! Saturday I photographed my lovely new Chrysoprase necklace I made. I tried out some new camera tips, (whitebalance and playing with the exposure settings) and I was very pleased with the result. I was delighted to discover that lowering the exposure is the key to capturing the beautiful shimmer of the pearls, without them ending up like a glaring white blob. The necklace is listed here in my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28380623



I also made a trip to the craft store this weekend and bought some sterling silver earring hooks and head pins for some earrings! I made two pairs, a pair to match the custom kyanite necklace I did last week, and a pair to match the black agate shell necklace and bracelet I have in my shop. Pictures to be posted soon! Completely unrelated to jewelry, I also made some fun beer bottle cap magnets to decorate my refrigerator! My boyfriend has collected all the beer bottle caps from most of the beer he drank in college, so we have a huge bucket full of bottle caps in the back of our closet. I picked out some of my favorites that we drink often (Blue Moon, Guiness, Shipyard, North Coast Brewing, Sam Adams) and super-glued magnets on the back of them. They look great on my previously bare refrigerator!

I'm also excited to say that I made my first Etsy purchase yesterday! I bought a beautiful lampwork bead for my Pandora bracelet from TheSassyBead2. I received a Pandora bracelet as a graduation present from one of my cousins, and I only have one sad little bead on it! The glass beads Pandora sells are so expensive and un-original, so I was very excited to find TheSassyBead2's shop on Etsy. Her Pandora bracelet-sized beads are absolutely gorgeous...they are little works of affordable art. I can't wait to receive mine!

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous necklace! I wish you all the luck on Etsy, I'm sure you'll be selling right and left in no time. :)

    And thanks for mentioning TheSassyBead2. I've never heard of her, so I'll definitely have to check her shop out. :)

    ReplyDelete