Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

So this morning I was planning on photographing my two newest necklace creations, only to wake up to discover that it is dark and gloomy outside. I keep hoping the sun will come out, but it's a rare day when it's perfectly sunny here in Troy, NY. Tonight I'll probably spend creating my mom's custom order necklace out of these beautiful kyanite beads. She wanted something really simple, just a string of polished kyanite with a small kyanite pendant accented with some freshwater pearls. The beads are gorgeous, and I can't wait to see how it comes out. Kyanite is actually a great stone to balance the chakras and is ideally worn around the throat in a necklace, as it will promote the ability to speak more easily and express oneself more clearly.

Instead of making jewelry last night, I indulged in one of my other favorite hobbies...baking! I have a lab meeting this afternoon, and treats are always appreciated, so I thought I'd try out this oatmeal chocolate chip recipe I found on this great baking blog:http://bakingsheet.blogspot.com/2006/08/cooking-school-oatmeal-chocolate-chip.html

They turned out oh so yummy! Here's a picture of them...as you can see some of them have already mysteriously disappeared (my boyfriend and I are to blame for that...)

2 comments: